Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Not really sure...

Advance warning: I'm not really sure what these are. They are not really poetry, and they are certainly not prose--so just take them for whatever they may be. As I've stated before, I don't fancy myself to have any knack for poetic construction. I suppose more than anything they are words that, at one point, captured what was on my heart.


My Love:

I took you in my arms and molded you.
Fashioned every feature,
Breathed my breath of life in you.
Now that you're on the earth,
You look at my creation,
And say it's not good enough.

But, my love, my beloved,
You are beautiful.



Desperate:

I'm desperate for you, Jesus,
Please send your healing rain.
I need your arms of comfort,
Won't you please take my pain?

Send your waves of mercy,
For I am in distress.
Come and take me fully,
Grant me to my rest.

To you I lift my arms, Lord,
Won't you reach down for me?
Enwrap me in your love now,
Shine your face on me.

Now I see your truth, King,
I can see it all clear.
You hold me in your hands tight,
Never more shall I fear.

I will live in peace, God,
Knowing that you're there.
You died upon that tree on Calvary,
But now You have the victory!



Stand:

Everybody puts you down...down.
They don't want to hear your sound.
You feel like you're outside crying,
You feel like you're inside dying.

But I know a God, who will hold your hand.
Forever and always He will stand.

You've already lost your faith, love.
And you don't even know your name.
You feel like the world's so empty,
You feel like you're already gone.

But I know a God, who will hold your hand.
Forever and always He will stand.

No comments: