Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things That Are Uncool...

Things That Are Uncool:

1) A boss who for two months has promised that he is going to give you a promotion--and never does. This despite the fact that EVERYDAY he and the other managers compliment your work, and tell you how fantastic you are with customers.

2) Returning to work after a long weekend to hear that the promotion you had been promised was given to SOMEONE ELSE! Excuse me, WHAT????????????????

3) Having a Master's degree that is languishing in the purgatory of my closet, yet still being treated as though I have the intellect of an acorn.

4) Being unable to find work that reflects my true abilities, talents, and skill (not counting co-youth pastor job).

5) Feeling under-appreciated, unchallenged, strung along, confused, and generally frustrated that the people with authority misuse their power.

To balance out the negative...

Things That Are Cool:

1) Jesus Christ, and the enormous sacrifice He made so that we can have eternal life with Him!

2) My family for being supportive, and for being on my side when no one else is.

3) My nephews, who always make my day brighter! (My nieces absolutely do this too, I just don't get to see them as often as I would like.)

4) My job as co-youth pastor--that totally rocks!

5) Johnny Cash--that man said it all.

No comments: